Yesterday we were able to see our "well nourished" baby girl Paige. Her head is down towards my left hip and her bum is snuggled by my right rib cage. She gave the ultrasound tech a few nudges during the whole process. I was amazed at how clear the ultrasound was and that we could see her big chubby cheeks. According to the ultrasound estimate she is weighing in at 3.7 lbs. this would put her at a week early if not two weeks. The guys at my office are going to start a pool on how much she is going to weigh. Also you can already see that Paige has some hair on her head, now the question is will it be blond or brown?
We met with Dr. B so she could go over the ultrasound with us. Dr. B has a few questions about some of the pictures, so she is sending us to a specialist to get a better look at baby Paige. Paige's head in one picture was round and in another it was not as round it had a few angles. I tried to tell Dr. B that square heads run in my family, just look at my dad, brother, niece and nephew, they all have square heads and I guess I kind of do too. Dr. B just laughed at my comment and then shared it with the nurses later to give them a good laugh too. Dr. B also said that it looks as though Paige could have clubbed feet, but won't know for sure till we go to the specialist. A few other things she added in there was that my glucose levels were really low that I'm almost hypoglycemic and that I'm on the verge of having too much amniotic fluid.
So we will be seeing the specialist on Monday in hopes to find out that everything is either ok or an easy fix. So please be praying for baby Paige and Corey and I. Corey has been completely encouraging and positive and I can't imagine going through this with anyone else. I know he worries, but he tries to be the strong one cause he knows I might crumble at any given moment.
Seeing Paige in the ultrasound makes me so excited to meet her in person!! She truly is a gift to us.
how exciting, love her chubby cheeks !!! we will be praying for you, corey and precious baby paige. my pregnancy was high risk starting at 20 weeks, because of cysts on jackon's brain... going to the high risk doctor was the BEST thing.. they have super high tech ultrasounds and they were extremely encouraging. please keep us updated!!
ReplyDeleteCute ultrasound picture! You really are getting close!!! We are praying for you, Corey, and Miss Paige.
ReplyDelete