Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A Hairy Story & 16 Weeks


This might be TMI for some people so beware. I will preface my story by first saying that most people have peach fuzz on their tummy that you don't even notice, a side effect of being pregnant is that this peach fuzz that was once unnoticeable has now become noticeable. I woke up this morning and while I was getting dressed I noticed that my peach fuzz (lets still call it peach fuzz because I'm praying it will go away after Baby Bolding is born, and saying I have a hairy belly just grosses me out) on the left side of my belly was standing straight up and the peach fuzz on the right side was laying down. Their was a distinct line right down the middle of my belly. I think Baby Bolding was creating static that morning, because I could not get the peach fuzz to lay down. Another hairy weird thing is my leg hair has now stopped growing at the rapid pace it once was. Amazing how my prenatal pills are making my head hair and finger nails grow like crazy but my leg hair is not taking part, which I greatly appreciate.

Now onto Baby Bolding update. I had my 16 week appointment yesterday and everything looked great. Baby Bolding's heartbeat was at 163 and I'm still measuring good. I however didn't gain but .6 pounds. I'm going to work on eating a little more every meal. Dr. Barki informed me I shouldn't start to feel the baby kick till 20 weeks, which is also when my placenta will start moving up towards my belly button. I am so excited about our next appointment because we find out if we are having a boy or a girl. I'm starting to think it's a boy, but maybe that's because everyone else thinks it's going to be a girl. I'm tired of using the word "it" or "baby" and I'm just ready to call baby by name.

1 comment:

  1. i have NEVER heard about the hair before.. but pregnancy does cause the STRANGEST things to happen. i will have to tell you how i knew i was pg one time (totally not blog appropriate!) HA! have you been craving anything?? i craved lots and lots of fruit and fruit flavored things when i was pg with jackson. and have found that often times my friends that have had boys have craved similar things..

    ReplyDelete